Wednesday, August 15, 2012

the beginning, a very good place to start.

Hello humans!

So I've decided to FINALLY start my own blog! I used to keep a livejournal back in high school, but I mostly got on there when I was super bored and would rather mess around than do my homework. Wait, who am I kidding--I had homework done before school was even let out for the day!

Anyway. I recently bought myself a Kindle, so I wanted to create a blog in which I post reviews for at least two books, perhaps every week-10 days or so. As of yet, I have only downloaded the free Kindle books, so these are probably what I will be blogging about. I plan on reviewing one adult book of a particular genre and one children's book, since children's literature is one of my passions. Just to warn you: my favorite genres tend to be romantic comedy and fantasy, so I will probably be writing about those mostly. I will try to include other genres, such as contemporary fiction and maybe even some mystery or horror every once in a while. We shall see!!

Additionally, I'll be posting random thoughts I have. I love writing out what's on my mind, so I'll probably use this blog as a forum to do just that. I ask for your patience in advance, as I tend to be very passionate about most subjects! :)

I will also probably include a Song or Lyric of the Day for each blog. These are for your entertainment, but I may write out my own personal thoughts and feelings evoked by certain songs. Once again, please forgive me for my sentimentality, as music is a VERY huge part of my life.


Speaking of which, here is my Song of the Day:



I chose Weezer's "Holiday", because 1. Weezer is one of my all-time favorite '90s bands, and 2. I want nothing more than to be on holiday, especially with all this ridiculous rain we've had lately.


I hope you enjoy my blog! I'll post my first review(s) in the next week or so.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Did you know Weezer is one of Ben's all-time favs? You must discuss next time we see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat random thoughts! Looking forward to future posts xx

    ReplyDelete